[DailyReading] The fall of the wicked

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Fri Oct 23 00:00:02 MDT 2015

Lesson: In the Name of the Lord
Reading: The fall of the wicked  2015-10-23
Reference: 1 Sam. 2:4-10
I Samuel 2:4: The bows of the mighty men are broken, and they that stumbled are girded with strength.
I Samuel 2:5: They that were full have hired out themselves for bread; and they that were hungry ceased: so that the barren hath born seven; and she that hath many children is waxed feeble.
I Samuel 2:6: The Lord killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up.
I Samuel 2:7: The Lord maketh poor, and maketh rich: he bringeth low, and lifteth up.
I Samuel 2:8: He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LordÂ’s, and he hath set the world upon them.
I Samuel 2:9: He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.
I Samuel 2:10: The adversaries of the Lord shall be broken to pieces; out of heaven shall he thunder upon them: the Lord shall judge the ends of the earth; and he shall give strength unto his king, and exalt the horn of his anointed.