[DailyReading] Stumbling because of unbelief

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Sun Jan 18 00:00:01 MST 2015

Lesson: Unbelief Causes Offense
Reading: Stumbling because of unbelief  2015-01-18
Reference: John 6:51-69
John 6:51: I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
John 6:52: The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?
John 6:53: Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
John 6:54: Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
John 6:55: For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
John 6:56: He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
John 6:57: As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
John 6:58: This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
John 6:59: These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.
John 6:60: Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?
John 6:61: When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?
John 6:62: What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?
John 6:63: It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
John 6:64: But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
John 6:65: And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
John 6:66: From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
John 6:67: Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
John 6:68: Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
John 6:69: And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.