[DailyReading] Faith without works

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Mon Jan 7 00:00:12 MST 2013

Lesson: Faith that Touches Jesus
Reading: Faith without works  2013-01-07
Reference: James 2:14-24

Jas 2:14: What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
Jas 2:15: If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
Jas 2:16: And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
Jas 2:17: Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
Jas 2:18: Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Jas 2:19: Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Jas 2:20: But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
Jas 2:21: Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
Jas 2:22: Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
Jas 2:23: And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
Jas 2:24: Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.