[DailyReading] The commitment

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Wed Nov 21 00:00:07 MST 2012

Lesson: God's People Return
Reading: The commitment  2012-11-21
Reference:  Luke 15:11-19

Lk 15:11: And he said, A certain man had two sons:
Lk 15:12: And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me . And he divided unto them his living.
Lk 15:13: And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.
Lk 15:14: And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.
Lk 15:15: And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.
Lk 15:16: And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.
Lk 15:17: And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
Lk 15:18: I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
Lk 15:19: And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.