[DailyReading] Longing to return

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Tue Nov 20 00:00:06 MST 2012

Lesson: God's People Return
Reading: Longing to return  2012-11-20
Reference:  Ps. 137

Pss 137:1: By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion.
Pss 137:2: We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof.
Pss 137:3: For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying , Sing us one of the songs of Zion.
Pss 137:4: How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?
Pss 137:5: If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning .
Pss 137:6: If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.
Pss 137:7: Remember, O Lord, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem; who said, Rase it , rase it, even to the foundation thereof.
Pss 137:8: O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be , that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us.
Pss 137:9: Happy shall he be , that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.