[Biblein52weeks-en] Bible in 52 Weeks: 1 Chr 15-19 Day: 241

dailyreading at churchofgodinchristmennonite.net dailyreading at churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Fri Aug 30 00:00:01 MDT 2013

Bible in 52 Weeks:
I Chronicles 15:1: And David made him houses in the city of David, and prepared a place for the ark of God, and pitched for it a tent.
I Chronicles 15:2: Then David said, None ought to carry the ark of God but the Levites: for them hath the Lord chosen to carry the ark of God, and to minister unto him for ever.
I Chronicles 15:3: And David gathered all Israel together to Jerusalem, to bring up the ark of the Lord unto his place, which he had prepared for it.
I Chronicles 15:4: And David assembled the children of Aaron, and the Levites:
I Chronicles 15:5: Of the sons of Kohath; Uriel the chief, and his brethren an hundred and twenty:
I Chronicles 15:6: Of the sons of Merari; Asaiah the chief, and his brethren two hundred and twenty:
I Chronicles 15:7: Of the sons of Gershom; Joel the chief, and his brethren an hundred and thirty:
I Chronicles 15:8: Of the sons of Elizaphan; Shemaiah the chief, and his brethren two hundred:
I Chronicles 15:9: Of the sons of Hebron; Eliel the chief, and his brethren fourscore:
I Chronicles 15:10: Of the sons of Uzziel; Amminadab the chief, and his brethren an hundred and twelve.
I Chronicles 15:11: And David called for Zadok and Abiathar the priests, and for the Levites, for Uriel, Asaiah, and Joel, Shemaiah, and Eliel, and Amminadab,
I Chronicles 15:12: And said unto them, Ye are the chief of the fathers of the Levites: sanctify yourselves, both ye and your brethren, that ye may bring up the ark of the Lord God of Israel unto the place that I have prepared for it.
I Chronicles 15:13: For because ye did it not at the first, the Lord our God made a breach upon us, for that we sought him not after the due order.
I Chronicles 15:14: So the priests and the Levites sanctified themselves to bring up the ark of the Lord God of Israel.
I Chronicles 15:15: And the children of the Levites bare the ark of God upon their shoulders with the staves thereon, as Moses commanded according to the word of the Lord.
I Chronicles 15:16: And David spake to the chief of the Levites to appoint their brethren to be the singers with instruments of musick, psalteries and harps and cymbals, sounding, by lifting up the voice with joy.
I Chronicles 15:17: So the Levites appointed Heman the son of Joel; and of his brethren, Asaph the son of Berechiah; and of the sons of Merari their brethren, Ethan the son of Kushaiah;
I Chronicles 15:18: And with them their brethren of the second degree, Zechariah, Ben, and Jaaziel, and Shemiramoth, and Jehiel, and Unni, Eliab, and Benaiah, and Maaseiah, and Mattithiah, and Elipheleh, and Mikneiah, and Obed–edom, and Jeiel, the porters.
I Chronicles 15:19: So the singers, Heman, Asaph, and Ethan, were appointed to sound with cymbals of brass;
I Chronicles 15:20: And Zechariah, and Aziel, and Shemiramoth, and Jehiel, and Unni, and Eliab, and Maaseiah, and Benaiah, with psalteries on Alamoth;
I Chronicles 15:21: And Mattithiah, and Elipheleh, and Mikneiah, and Obed–edom, and Jeiel, and Azaziah, with harps on the Sheminith to excel.
I Chronicles 15:22: And Chenaniah, chief of the Levites, was for song: he instructed about the song, because he was skilful.
I Chronicles 15:23: And Berechiah and Elkanah were doorkeepers for the ark.
I Chronicles 15:24: And Shebaniah, and Jehoshaphat, and Nethaneel, and Amasai, and Zechariah, and Benaiah, and Eliezer, the priests, did blow with the trumpets before the ark of God: and Obed–edom and Jehiah were doorkeepers for the ark.
I Chronicles 15:25: So David, and the elders of Israel, and the captains over thousands, went to bring up the ark of the covenant of the Lord out of the house of Obed–edom with joy.
I Chronicles 15:26: And it came to pass, when God helped the Levites that bare the ark of the covenant of the Lord, that they offered seven bullocks and seven rams.
I Chronicles 15:27: And David was clothed with a robe of fine linen, and all the Levites that bare the ark, and the singers, and Chenaniah the master of the song with the singers: David also had upon him an ephod of linen.
I Chronicles 15:28: Thus all Israel brought up the ark of the covenant of the Lord with shouting, and with sound of the cornet, and with trumpets, and with cymbals, making a noise with psalteries and harps.
I Chronicles 15:29: And it came to pass, as the ark of the covenant of the Lord came to the city of David, that Michal the daughter of Saul looking out at a window saw king David dancing and playing: and she despised him in her heart.
I Chronicles 16:1: So they brought the ark of God, and set it in the midst of the tent that David had pitched for it: and they offered burnt sacrifices and peace offerings before God.
I Chronicles 16:2: And when David had made an end of offering the burnt offerings and the peace offerings, he blessed the people in the name of the Lord.
I Chronicles 16:3: And he dealt to every one of Israel, both man and woman, to every one a loaf of bread, and a good piece of flesh, and a flagon of wine.
I Chronicles 16:4: And he appointed certain of the Levites to minister before the ark of the Lord, and to record, and to thank and praise the Lord God of Israel:
I Chronicles 16:5: Asaph the chief, and next to him Zechariah, Jeiel, and Shemiramoth, and Jehiel, and Mattithiah, and Eliab, and Benaiah, and Obed–edom: and Jeiel with psalteries and with harps; but Asaph made a sound with cymbals;
I Chronicles 16:6: Benaiah also and Jahaziel the priests with trumpets continually before the ark of the covenant of God.
I Chronicles 16:7: Then on that day David delivered first this psalm to thank the Lord into the hand of Asaph and his brethren.
I Chronicles 16:8: Give thanks unto the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people.
I Chronicles 16:9: Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him, talk ye of all his wondrous works.
I Chronicles 16:10: Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the Lord.
I Chronicles 16:11: Seek the Lord and his strength, seek his face continually.
I Chronicles 16:12: Remember his marvellous works that he hath done, his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth;
I Chronicles 16:13: O ye seed of Israel his servant, ye children of Jacob, his chosen ones.
I Chronicles 16:14: He is the Lord our God; his judgments are in all the earth.
I Chronicles 16:15: Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the word which he commanded to a thousand generations;
I Chronicles 16:16: Even of the covenant which he made with Abraham, and of his oath unto Isaac;
I Chronicles 16:17: And hath confirmed the same to Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant,
I Chronicles 16:18: Saying, Unto thee will I give the land of Canaan, the lot of your inheritance;
I Chronicles 16:19: When ye were but few, even a few, and strangers in it.
I Chronicles 16:20: And when they went from nation to nation, and from one kingdom to another people;
I Chronicles 16:21: He suffered no man to do them wrong: yea, he reproved kings for their sakes,
I Chronicles 16:22: Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.
I Chronicles 16:23: Sing unto the Lord, all the earth; shew forth from day to day his salvation.
I Chronicles 16:24: Declare his glory among the heathen; his marvellous works among all nations.
I Chronicles 16:25: For great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised: he also is to be feared above all gods.
I Chronicles 16:26: For all the gods of the people are idols: but the Lord made the heavens.
I Chronicles 16:27: Glory and honour are in his presence; strength and gladness are in his place.
I Chronicles 16:28: Give unto the Lord, ye kindreds of the people, give unto the Lord glory and strength.
I Chronicles 16:29: Give unto the Lord the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come before him: worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.
I Chronicles 16:30: Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved.
I Chronicles 16:31: Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice: and let men say among the nations, The Lord reigneth.
I Chronicles 16:32: Let the sea roar, and the fulness thereof: let the fields rejoice, and all that is therein.
I Chronicles 16:33: Then shall the trees of the wood sing out at the presence of the Lord, because he cometh to judge the earth.
I Chronicles 16:34: O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.
I Chronicles 16:35: And say ye, Save us, O God of our salvation, and gather us together, and deliver us from the heathen, that we may give thanks to thy holy name, and glory in thy praise.
I Chronicles 16:36: Blessed be the Lord God of Israel for ever and ever. And all the people said, Amen, and praised the Lord.
I Chronicles 16:37: So he left there before the ark of the covenant of the Lord Asaph and his brethren, to minister before the ark continually, as every day's work required:
I Chronicles 16:38: And Obed–edom with their brethren, threescore and eight; Obed–edom also the son of Jeduthun and Hosah to be porters:
I Chronicles 16:39: And Zadok the priest, and his brethren the priests, before the tabernacle of the Lord in the high place that was at Gibeon,
I Chronicles 16:40: To offer burnt offerings unto the Lord upon the altar of the burnt offering continually morning and evening, and to do according to all that is written in the law of the Lord, which he commanded Israel;
I Chronicles 16:41: And with them Heman and Jeduthun, and the rest that were chosen, who were expressed by name, to give thanks to the Lord, because his mercy endureth for ever;
I Chronicles 16:42: And with them Heman and Jeduthun with trumpets and cymbals for those that should make a sound, and with musical instruments of God. And the sons of Jeduthun were porters.
I Chronicles 16:43: And all the people departed every man to his house: and David returned to bless his house.
I Chronicles 17:1: Now it came to pass, as David sat in his house, that David said to Nathan the prophet, Lo, I dwell in an house of cedars, but the ark of the covenant of the Lord remaineth under curtains.
I Chronicles 17:2: Then Nathan said unto David, Do all that is in thine heart; for God is with thee.
I Chronicles 17:3: And it came to pass the same night, that the word of God came to Nathan, saying,
I Chronicles 17:4: Go and tell David my servant, Thus saith the Lord, Thou shalt not build me an house to dwell in:
I Chronicles 17:5: For I have not dwelt in an house since the day that I brought up Israel unto this day; but have gone from tent to tent, and from one tabernacle to another.
I Chronicles 17:6: Wheresoever I have walked with all Israel, spake I a word to any of the judges of Israel, whom I commanded to feed my people, saying, Why have ye not built me an house of cedars?
I Chronicles 17:7: Now therefore thus shalt thou say unto my servant David, Thus saith the Lord of hosts, I took thee from the sheepcote, even from following the sheep, that thou shouldest be ruler over my people Israel:
I Chronicles 17:8: And I have been with thee whithersoever thou hast walked, and have cut off all thine enemies from before thee, and have made thee a name like the name of the great men that are in the earth.
I Chronicles 17:9: Also I will ordain a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, and they shall dwell in their place, and shall be moved no more; neither shall the children of wickedness waste them any more, as at the beginning,
I Chronicles 17:10: And since the time that I commanded judges to be over my people Israel. Moreover I will subdue all thine enemies. Furthermore I tell thee that the Lord will build thee an house.
I Chronicles 17:11: And it shall come to pass, when thy days be expired that thou must go to be with thy fathers, that I will raise up thy seed after thee, which shall be of thy sons; and I will establish his kingdom.
I Chronicles 17:12: He shall build me an house, and I will stablish his throne for ever.
I Chronicles 17:13: I will be his father, and he shall be my son: and I will not take my mercy away from him, as I took it from him that was before thee:
I Chronicles 17:14: But I will settle him in mine house and in my kingdom for ever: and his throne shall be established for evermore.
I Chronicles 17:15: According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan speak unto David.
I Chronicles 17:16: And David the king came and sat before the Lord, and said, Who am I, O Lord God, and what is mine house, that thou hast brought me hitherto?
I Chronicles 17:17: And yet this was a small thing in thine eyes, O God; for thou hast also spoken of thy servant's house for a great while to come, and hast regarded me according to the estate of a man of high degree, O Lord God.
I Chronicles 17:18: What can David speak more to thee for the honour of thy servant? for thou knowest thy servant.
I Chronicles 17:19: O Lord, for thy servant's sake, and according to thine own heart, hast thou done all this greatness, in making known all these great things.
I Chronicles 17:20: O Lord, there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.
I Chronicles 17:21: And what one nation in the earth is like thy people Israel, whom God went to redeem to be his own people, to make thee a name of greatness and terribleness, by driving out nations from before thy people, whom thou hast redeemed out of Egypt?
I Chronicles 17:22: For thy people Israel didst thou make thine own people for ever; and thou, Lord, becamest their God.
I Chronicles 17:23: Therefore now, Lord, let the thing that thou hast spoken concerning thy servant and concerning his house be established for ever, and do as thou hast said.
I Chronicles 17:24: Let it even be established, that thy name may be magnified for ever, saying, The Lord of hosts is the God of Israel, even a God to Israel: and let the house of David thy servant be established before thee.
I Chronicles 17:25: For thou, O my God, hast told thy servant that thou wilt build him an house: therefore thy servant hath found in his heart to pray before thee.
I Chronicles 17:26: And now, Lord, thou art God, and hast promised this goodness unto thy servant:
I Chronicles 17:27: Now therefore let it please thee to bless the house of thy servant, that it may be before thee for ever: for thou blessest, O Lord, and it shall be blessed for ever.
I Chronicles 18:1: Now after this it came to pass, that David smote the Philistines, and subdued them, and took Gath and her towns out of the hand of the Philistines.
I Chronicles 18:2: And he smote Moab; and the Moabites became David's servants, and brought gifts.
I Chronicles 18:3: And David smote Hadarezer king of Zobah unto Hamath, as he went to stablish his dominion by the river Euphrates.
I Chronicles 18:4: And David took from him a thousand chariots, and seven thousand horsemen, and twenty thousand footmen: David also houghed all the chariot horses, but reserved of them an hundred chariots.
I Chronicles 18:5: And when the Syrians of Damascus came to help Hadarezer king of Zobah, David slew of the Syrians two and twenty thousand men.
I Chronicles 18:6: Then David put garrisons in Syria–damascus; and the Syrians became David's servants, and brought gifts. Thus the Lord preserved David whithersoever he went.
I Chronicles 18:7: And David took the shields of gold that were on the servants of Hadarezer, and brought them to Jerusalem.
I Chronicles 18:8: Likewise from Tibhath, and from Chun, cities of Hadarezer, brought David very much brass, wherewith Solomon made the brasen sea, and the pillars, and the vessels of brass.
I Chronicles 18:9: Now when Tou king of Hamath heard how David had smitten all the host of Hadarezer king of Zobah;
I Chronicles 18:10: He sent Hadoram his son to king David, to enquire of his welfare, and to congratulate him, because he had fought against Hadarezer, and smitten him; (for Hadarezer had war with Tou;) and with him all manner of vessels of gold and silver and brass.
I Chronicles 18:11: Them also king David dedicated unto the Lord, with the silver and the gold that he brought from all these nations; from Edom, and from Moab, and from the children of Ammon, and from the Philistines, and from Amalek.
I Chronicles 18:12: Moreover Abishai the son of Zeruiah slew of the Edomites in the valley of salt eighteen thousand.
I Chronicles 18:13: And he put garrisons in Edom; and all the Edomites became David's servants. Thus the Lord preserved David whithersoever he went.
I Chronicles 18:14: So David reigned over all Israel, and executed judgment and justice among all his people.
I Chronicles 18:15: And Joab the son of Zeruiah was over the host; and Jehoshaphat the son of Ahilud, recorder.
I Chronicles 18:16: And Zadok the son of Ahitub, and Abimelech the son of Abiathar, were the priests; and Shavsha was scribe;
I Chronicles 18:17: And Benaiah the son of Jehoiada was over the Cherethites and the Pelethites; and the sons of David were chief about the king.
I Chronicles 19:1: Now it came to pass after this, that Nahash the king of the children of Ammon died, and his son reigned in his stead.
I Chronicles 19:2: And David said, I will shew kindness unto Hanun the son of Nahash, because his father shewed kindness to me. And David sent messengers to comfort him concerning his father. So the servants of David came into the land of the children of Ammon to Hanun, to comfort him.
I Chronicles 19:3: But the princes of the children of Ammon said to Hanun, Thinkest thou that David doth honour thy father, that he hath sent comforters unto thee? are not his servants come unto thee for to search, and to overthrow, and to spy out the land?
I Chronicles 19:4: Wherefore Hanun took David's servants, and shaved them, and cut off their garments in the midst hard by their buttocks, and sent them away.
I Chronicles 19:5: Then there went certain, and told David how the men were served. And he sent to meet them: for the men were greatly ashamed. And the king said, Tarry at Jericho until your beards be grown, and then return.
I Chronicles 19:6: And when the children of Ammon saw that they had made themselves odious to David, Hanun and the children of Ammon sent a thousand talents of silver to hire them chariots and horsemen out of Mesopotamia, and out of Syria–maachah, and out of Zobah.
I Chronicles 19:7: So they hired thirty and two thousand chariots, and the king of Maachah and his people; who came and pitched before Medeba. And the children of Ammon gathered themselves together from their cities, and came to battle.
I Chronicles 19:8: And when David heard of it, he sent Joab, and all the host of the mighty men.
I Chronicles 19:9: And the children of Ammon came out, and put the battle in array before the gate of the city: and the kings that were come were by themselves in the field.
I Chronicles 19:10: Now when Joab saw that the battle was set against him before and behind, he chose out of all the choice of Israel, and put them in array against the Syrians.
I Chronicles 19:11: And the rest of the people he delivered unto the hand of Abishai his brother, and they set themselves in array against the children of Ammon.
I Chronicles 19:12: And he said, If the Syrians be too strong for me, then thou shalt help me: but if the children of Ammon be too strong for thee, then I will help thee.
I Chronicles 19:13: Be of good courage, and let us behave ourselves valiantly for our people, and for the cities of our God: and let the Lord do that which is good in his sight.
I Chronicles 19:14: So Joab and the people that were with him drew nigh before the Syrians unto the battle; and they fled before him.
I Chronicles 19:15: And when the children of Ammon saw that the Syrians were fled, they likewise fled before Abishai his brother, and entered into the city. Then Joab came to Jerusalem.
I Chronicles 19:16: And when the Syrians saw that they were put to the worse before Israel, they sent messengers, and drew forth the Syrians that were beyond the river: and Shophach the captain of the host of Hadarezer went before them.
I Chronicles 19:17: And it was told David; and he gathered all Israel, and passed over Jordan, and came upon them, and set the battle in array against them. So when David had put the battle in array against the Syrians, they fought with him.
I Chronicles 19:18: But the Syrians fled before Israel; and David slew of the Syrians seven thousand men which fought in chariots, and forty thousand footmen, and killed Shophach the captain of the host.
I Chronicles 19:19: And when the servants of Hadarezer saw that they were put to the worse before Israel, they made peace with David, and became his servants: neither would the Syrians help the children of Ammon any more.
(KJV)

Plan designed by http://www.bible-reading.com