[DailyReading] Jacob directs his family to a consecration

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Fri Oct 18 00:00:02 MDT 2019

Lesson: Committing Our Children to God
Reading: Jacob directs his family to a consecration  2019-10-18
Reference: Genesis 35:1-6
Genesis 35:1: And God said unto Jacob, Arise, go up to Beth–el, and dwell there: and make there an altar unto God, that appeared unto thee when thou fleddest from the face of Esau thy brother.
Genesis 35:2: Then Jacob said unto his household, and to all that were with him, Put away the strange gods that are among you, and be clean, and change your garments:
Genesis 35:3: And let us arise, and go up to Beth–el; and I will make there an altar unto God, who answered me in the day of my distress, and was with me in the way which I went.
Genesis 35:4: And they gave unto Jacob all the strange gods which were in their hand, and all their earrings which were in their ears; and Jacob hid them under the oak which was by Shechem.
Genesis 35:5: And they journeyed: and the terror of God was upon the cities that were round about them, and they did not pursue after the sons of Jacob.
Genesis 35:6: So Jacob came to Luz, which is in the land of Canaan, that is, Beth–el, he and all the people that were with him.