[DailyReading] Almost persuaded to be a Christian

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Thu Mar 28 00:00:02 MDT 2019

Lesson: On the Brink of Victory
Reading: Almost persuaded to be a Christian  2019-03-28
Reference: Acts 26:19-29
Acts 26:19: Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:
Acts 26:20: But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judæa, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.
Acts 26:21: For these causes the Jews caught me in the temple, and went about to kill me.
Acts 26:22: Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come:
Acts 26:23: That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.
Acts 26:24: And as he thus spake for himself, Festus said with a loud voice, Paul, thou art beside thyself; much learning doth make thee mad.
Acts 26:25: But he said, I am not mad, most noble Festus; but speak forth the words of truth and soberness.
Acts 26:26: For the king knoweth of these things, before whom also I speak freely: for I am persuaded that none of these things are hidden from him; for this thing was not done in a corner.
Acts 26:27: King Agrippa, believest thou the prophets? I know that thou believest.
Acts 26:28: Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.
Acts 26:29: And Paul said, I would to God, that not only thou, but also all that hear me this day, were both almost, and altogether such as I am, except these bonds.