[DailyReading] Almost persuaded to be a Christian

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Thu Mar 28 00:00:02 MDT 2019

Lesson: On the Brink of Victory
Reading: Almost persuaded to be a Christian  2019-03-28
Reference: Acts 26:19-29
Acts 26:19: Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:
Acts 26:20: But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Jud├Ža, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.
Acts 26:21: For these causes the Jews caught me in the temple, and went about to kill me.
Acts 26:22: Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come:
Acts 26:23: That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.
Acts 26:24: And as he thus spake for himself, Festus said with a loud voice, Paul, thou art beside thyself; much learning doth make thee mad.
Acts 26:25: But he said, I am not mad, most noble Festus; but speak forth the words of truth and soberness.
Acts 26:26: For the king knoweth of these things, before whom also I speak freely: for I am persuaded that none of these things are hidden from him; for this thing was not done in a corner.
Acts 26:27: King Agrippa, believest thou the prophets? I know that thou believest.
Acts 26:28: Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.
Acts 26:29: And Paul said, I would to God, that not only thou, but also all that hear me this day, were both almost, and altogether such as I am, except these bonds.
(KJV)