[DailyReading] Seven deacons chosen to help

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Tue Mar 12 00:00:02 MDT 2019

Lesson: Sharing the Burden of Leadership
Reading: Seven deacons chosen to help  2019-03-12
Reference: Acts 6:1-7
Acts 6:1: And in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplied, there arose a murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrews, because their widows were neglected in the daily ministration.
Acts 6:2: Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables.
Acts 6:3: Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.
Acts 6:4: But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.
Acts 6:5: And the saying pleased the whole multitude: and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas a proselyte of Antioch:
Acts 6:6: Whom they set before the apostles: and when they had prayed, they laid their hands on them.
Acts 6:7: And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.