God�s tool chest

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Fri Jul 26 00:00:02 MDT 2019

Lesson: All Who Believe Shall Receive
Reading: God’s tool chest  2019-07-26
Reference: 1 Cor. 1:22–29
I Corinthians 1:22: For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
I Corinthians 1:23: But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
I Corinthians 1:24: But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
I Corinthians 1:25: Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
I Corinthians 1:26: For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
I Corinthians 1:27: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
I Corinthians 1:28: And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
I Corinthians 1:29: That no flesh should glory in his presence.