[DailyReading] Jesus invites the Samaritan woman

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Wed Jul 24 00:00:02 MDT 2019

Lesson: All Who Believe Shall Receive
Reading: Jesus invites the Samaritan woman  2019-07-24
Reference: John 4:5–14
John 4:5: Then cometh he to a city of Samaria, which is called Sychar, near to the parcel of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph.
John 4:6: Now Jacob’s well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well: and it was about the sixth hour.
John 4:7: There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink.
John 4:8: ( For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat.)
John 4:9: Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.
John 4:10: Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.
John 4:11: The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water?
John 4:12: Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?