[DailyReading] Calvary

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Thu Apr 18 00:00:03 MDT 2019

Lesson: Easter
Reading: Calvary  2019-04-18
Reference: Mark 15:24-39
Mark 15:24: And when they had crucified him, they parted his garments, casting lots upon them, what every man should take.
Mark 15:25: And it was the third hour, and they crucified him.
Mark 15:26: And the superscription of his accusation was written over, THE KING OF THE JEWS.
Mark 15:27: And with him they crucify two thieves; the one on his right hand, and the other on his left.
Mark 15:28: And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors.
Mark 15:29: And they that passed by railed on him, wagging their heads, and saying, Ah, thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days,
Mark 15:30: Save thyself, and come down from the cross.
Mark 15:31: Likewise also the chief priests mocking said among themselves with the scribes, He saved others; himself he cannot save.
Mark 15:32: Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross, that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled him.
Mark 15:33: And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour.
Mark 15:34: And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
Mark 15:35: And some of them that stood by, when they heard it, said, Behold, he calleth Elias.
Mark 15:36: And one ran and filled a spunge full of vinegar, and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink, saying, Let alone; let us see whether Elias will come to take him down.
Mark 15:37: And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost.
Mark 15:38: And the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom.
Mark 15:39: And when the centurion, which stood over against him, saw that he so cried out, and gave up the ghost, he said, Truly this man was the Son of God.