Hezekiah�s prayer answered

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Tue Sep 25 00:00:02 MDT 2018

Lesson: A Prayer Answered
Reading: Hezekiah’s prayer answered  2018-09-25
Reference: 2 Kings 19:14-20
II Kings 19:14: And Hezekiah received the letter of the hand of the messengers, and read it: and Hezekiah went up into the house of the Lord, and spread it before the Lord.
II Kings 19:15: And Hezekiah prayed before the Lord, and said, O Lord God of Israel, which dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth; thou hast made heaven and earth.
II Kings 19:16: Lord, bow down thine ear, and hear: open, Lord, thine eyes, and see: and hear the words of Sennacherib, which hath sent him to reproach the living God.
II Kings 19:17: Of a truth, Lord, the kings of Assyria have destroyed the nations and their lands,
II Kings 19:18: And have cast their gods into the fire: for they were no gods, but the work of men’s hands, wood and stone: therefore they have destroyed them.
II Kings 19:19: Now therefore, O Lord our God, I beseech thee, save thou us out of his hand, that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that thou art the Lord God, even thou only.
II Kings 19:20: Then Isaiah the son of Amoz sent to Hezekiah, saying, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, That which thou hast prayed to me against Sennacherib king of Assyria I have heard.