[DailyReading] Comparing is unwise

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Wed Feb 21 00:00:02 MST 2018

Lesson: Lovest Thou Me?
Reading: Comparing is unwise  2018-02-21
Reference: 2 Cor. 10:12-18
II Corinthians 10:12: For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.
II Corinthians 10:13: But we will not boast of things without our measure, but according to the measure of the rule which God hath distributed to us, a measure to reach even unto you.
II Corinthians 10:14: For we stretch not ourselves beyond our measure, as though we reached not unto you: for we are come as far as to you also in preaching the gospel of Christ:
II Corinthians 10:15: Not boasting of things without our measure, that is, of other men’s labours; but having hope, when your faith is increased, that we shall be enlarged by you according to our rule abundantly,
II Corinthians 10:16: To preach the gospel in the regions beyond you, and not to boast in another man’s line of things made ready to our hand.
II Corinthians 10:17: But he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
II Corinthians 10:18: For not he that commendeth himself is approved, but whom the Lord commendeth.