[DailyReading] Spiritual pride is blindness

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Thu Sep 7 00:00:02 MDT 2017

Lesson: Pride Goeth Before a Fall
Reading: Spiritual pride is blindness  2017-09-07
Reference: John 9:30-41
John 9:30: The man answered and said unto them, Why herein is a marvellous thing, that ye know not from whence he is, and yet he hath opened mine eyes.
John 9:31: Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.
John 9:32: Since the world began was it not heard that any man opened the eyes of one that was born blind.
John 9:33: If this man were not of God, he could do nothing.
John 9:34: They answered and said unto him, Thou wast altogether born in sins, and dost thou teach us? And they cast him out.
John 9:35: Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?
John 9:36: He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?
John 9:37: And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.
John 9:38: And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.
John 9:39: And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.
John 9:40: And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?
John 9:41: Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.