God�s judgment and mercy

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Wed Oct 25 00:00:02 MDT 2017

Lesson: The Sure Judgments of God
Reading: God’s judgment and mercy  2017-10-25
Reference: Exod. 34:5-15
Exodus 34:5: And the Lord descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the Lord.
Exodus 34:6: And the Lord passed by before him, and proclaimed, The Lord, The Lord God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,
Exodus 34:7: Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children’s children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.
Exodus 34:8: And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshipped.
Exodus 34:9: And he said, If now I have found grace in thy sight, O Lord, let my Lord, I pray thee, go among us; for it is a stiffnecked people; and pardon our iniquity and our sin, and take us for thine inheritance.
Exodus 34:10: And he said, Behold, I make a covenant: before all thy people I will do marvels, such as have not been done in all the earth, nor in any nation: and all the people among which thou art shall see the work of the Lord: for it is a terrible thing that I will do with thee.
Exodus 34:11: Observe thou that which I command thee this day: behold, I drive out before thee the Amorite, and the Canaanite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, and the Hivite, and the Jebusite.
Exodus 34:12: Take heed to thyself, lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land whither thou goest, lest it be for a snare in the midst of thee:
Exodus 34:13: But ye shall destroy their altars, break their images, and cut down their groves:
Exodus 34:14: For thou shalt worship no other god: for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:
Exodus 34:15: Lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, and they go a whoring after their gods, and do sacrifice unto their gods, and one call thee, and thou eat of his sacrifice;