[DailyReading] The restored city

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Thu Nov 30 00:00:01 MST 2017

Lesson: The Zeal of Thine House
Reading: The restored city  2017-11-30
Reference: Zech. 8:1-8
Zechariah 8:1: Again the word of the Lord of hosts came to me, saying,
Zechariah 8:2: Thus saith the Lord of hosts; I was jealous for Zion with great jealousy, and I was jealous for her with great fury.
Zechariah 8:3: Thus saith the Lord; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; and the mountain of the Lord of hosts the holy mountain.
Zechariah 8:4: Thus saith the Lord of hosts; There shall yet old men and old women dwell in the streets of Jerusalem, and every man with his staff in his hand for very age.
Zechariah 8:5: And the streets of the city shall be full of boys and girls playing in the streets thereof.
Zechariah 8:6: Thus saith the Lord of hosts; If it be marvellous in the eyes of the remnant of this people in these days, should it also be marvellous in mine eyes? saith the Lord of hosts.
Zechariah 8:7: Thus saith the Lord of hosts; Behold, I will save my people from the east country, and from the west country;
Zechariah 8:8: And I will bring them, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God, in truth and in righteousness.