[DailyReading] Humbly accepting criticism

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Tue Mar 21 00:00:01 MDT 2017

Lesson: The Humble Revived
Reading: Humbly accepting criticism  2017-03-21
Reference: 1 Sam. 9:15-21; 10:24-27
I Samuel 9:15: Now the Lord had told Samuel in his ear a day before Saul came, saying,
I Samuel 9:16: To morrow about this time I will send thee a man out of the land of Benjamin, and thou shalt anoint him to be captain over my people Israel, that he may save my people out of the hand of the Philistines: for I have looked upon my people, because their cry is come unto me.
I Samuel 9:17: And when Samuel saw Saul, the Lord said unto him, Behold the man whom I spake to thee of! this same shall reign over my people.
I Samuel 9:18: Then Saul drew near to Samuel in the gate, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, where the seer’s house is.
I Samuel 9:19: And Samuel answered Saul, and said, I am the seer: go up before me unto the high place; for ye shall eat with me to day, and to morrow I will let thee go, and will tell thee all that is in thine heart.
I Samuel 9:20: And as for thine asses that were lost three days ago, set not thy mind on them; for they are found. And on whom is all the desire of Israel? Is it not on thee, and on all thy father’s house?
I Samuel 9:21: And Saul answered and said, Am not I a Benjamite, of the smallest of the tribes of Israel? and my family the least of all the families of the tribe of Benjamin? wherefore then speakest thou so to me?
I Samuel 10:24: And Samuel said to all the people, See ye him whom the Lord hath chosen, that there is none like him among all the people? And all the people shouted, and said, God save the king.
I Samuel 10:25: Then Samuel told the people the manner of the kingdom, and wrote it in a book, and laid it up before the Lord. And Samuel sent all the people away, every man to his house.
I Samuel 10:26: And Saul also went home to Gibeah; and there went with him a band of men, whose hearts God had touched.
I Samuel 10:27: But the children of Belial said, How shall this man save us? And they despised him, and brought him no presents. But he held his peace.