[DailyReading] The son of promise

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Tue Jun 13 00:00:01 MDT 2017

Lesson: Heirs of God
Reading: The son of promise  2017-06-13
Reference: Gen. 17:1-8, 19
Genesis 17:1: And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
Genesis 17:2: And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.
Genesis 17:3: And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,
Genesis 17:4: As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.
Genesis 17:5: Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.
Genesis 17:6: And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
Genesis 17:7: And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.
Genesis 17:8: And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.
Genesis 17:19: And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.