[DailyReading] David's charge to Solomon

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Tue Sep 6 00:00:01 MDT 2016

Lesson: An Understanding Heart
Reading: David's charge to Solomon  2016-09-06
Reference: 1 Chron. 22:6-13
I Chronicles 22:6: Then he called for Solomon his son, and charged him to build an house for the Lord God of Israel.
I Chronicles 22:7: And David said to Solomon, My son, as for me, it was in my mind to build an house unto the name of the Lord my God:
I Chronicles 22:8: But the word of the Lord came to me, saying, Thou hast shed blood abundantly, and hast made great wars: thou shalt not build an house unto my name, because thou hast shed much blood upon the earth in my sight.
I Chronicles 22:9: Behold, a son shall be born to thee, who shall be a man of rest; and I will give him rest from all his enemies round about: for his name shall be Solomon, and I will give peace and quietness unto Israel in his days.
I Chronicles 22:10: He shall build an house for my name; and he shall be my son, and I will be his father; and I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel for ever.
I Chronicles 22:11: Now, my son, the Lord be with thee; and prosper thou, and build the house of the Lord thy God, as he hath said of thee.
I Chronicles 22:12: Only the Lord give thee wisdom and understanding, and give thee charge concerning Israel, that thou mayest keep the law of the Lord thy God.
I Chronicles 22:13: Then shalt thou prosper, if thou takest heed to fulfil the statutes and judgments which the Lord charged Moses with concerning Israel: be strong, and of good courage; dread not, nor be dismayed.