[DailyReading] Timothy charged to respect elders

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Fri Sep 2 00:00:02 MDT 2016

Lesson: A Charge to Be Faithful
Reading: Timothy charged to respect elders  2016-09-02
Reference: 1 Tim. 5:17-22
I Timothy 5:17: Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.
I Timothy 5:18: For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward.
I Timothy 5:19: Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses.
I Timothy 5:20: Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.
I Timothy 5:21: I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality.
I Timothy 5:22: Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men’s sins: keep thyself pure.