[DailyReading] Refusing God's chastisement

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Tue Oct 4 00:00:02 MDT 2016

Lesson: The Lord’s Chastisement
Reading: Refusing God's chastisement  2016-10-04
Reference: 1 Sam. 28:15-19
I Samuel 28:15: And Samuel said to Saul, Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me up? And Saul answered, I am sore distressed; for the Philistines make war against me, and God is departed from me, and answereth me no more, neither by prophets, nor by dreams: therefore I have called thee, that thou mayest make known unto me what I shall do.
I Samuel 28:16: Then said Samuel, Wherefore then dost thou ask of me, seeing the Lord is departed from thee, and is become thine enemy?
I Samuel 28:17: And the Lord hath done to him, as he spake by me: for the Lord hath rent the kingdom out of thine hand, and given it to thy neighbour, even to David:
I Samuel 28:18: Because thou obeyedst not the voice of the Lord, nor executedst his fierce wrath upon Amalek, therefore hath the Lord done this thing unto thee this day.
I Samuel 28:19: Moreover the Lord will also deliver Israel with thee into the hand of the Philistines: and to morrow shalt thou and thy sons be with me: the Lord also shall deliver the host of Israel into the hand of the Philistines.