[DailyReading] Speak Lord, Thy servant heareth

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Wed Nov 30 00:00:02 MST 2016

Lesson: Fear Turns to Gladness
Reading: Speak Lord, Thy servant heareth  2016-11-30
Reference: 1 Sam. 3:1-10
I Samuel 3:1: And the child Samuel ministered unto the Lord before Eli. And the word of the Lord was precious in those days; there was no open vision.
I Samuel 3:2: And it came to pass at that time, when Eli was laid down in his place, and his eyes began to wax dim, that he could not see;
I Samuel 3:3: And ere the lamp of God went out in the temple of the Lord, where the ark of God was, and Samuel was laid down to sleep;
I Samuel 3:4: That the Lord called Samuel: and he answered, Here am I.
I Samuel 3:5: And he ran unto Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou calledst me. And he said, I called not; lie down again. And he went and lay down.
I Samuel 3:6: And the Lord called yet again, Samuel. And Samuel arose and went to Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou didst call me. And he answered, I called not, my son; lie down again.
I Samuel 3:7: Now Samuel did not yet know the Lord, neither was the word of the Lord yet revealed unto him.
I Samuel 3:8: And the Lord called Samuel again the third time. And he arose and went to Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou didst call me. And Eli perceived that the Lord had called the child.
I Samuel 3:9: Therefore Eli said unto Samuel, Go, lie down: and it shall be, if he call thee, that thou shalt say, Speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth. So Samuel went and lay down in his place.
I Samuel 3:10: And the Lord came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.