[DailyReading] A psalm of praise

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Thu Nov 17 00:00:02 MST 2016

Lesson: The Joy of Singing
Reading: A psalm of praise  2016-11-17
Reference: Ps. 147:1-14
Psalms 147:1: Praise ye the Lord: for it is good to sing praises unto our God; for it is pleasant; and praise is comely.
Psalms 147:2: The Lord doth build up Jerusalem: he gathereth together the outcasts of Israel.
Psalms 147:3: He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.
Psalms 147:4: He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their names.
Psalms 147:5: Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite.
Psalms 147:6: The Lord lifteth up the meek: he casteth the wicked down to the ground.
Psalms 147:7: Sing unto the Lord with thanksgiving; sing praise upon the harp unto our God:
Psalms 147:8: Who covereth the heaven with clouds, who prepareth rain for the earth, who maketh grass to grow upon the mountains.
Psalms 147:9: He giveth to the beast his food, and to the young ravens which cry.
Psalms 147:10: He delighteth not in the strength of the horse: he taketh not pleasure in the legs of a man.
Psalms 147:11: The Lord taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.
Psalms 147:12: Praise the Lord, O Jerusalem; praise thy God, O Zion.
Psalms 147:13: For he hath strengthened the bars of thy gates; he hath blessed thy children within thee.
Psalms 147:14: He maketh peace in thy borders, and filleth thee with the finest of the wheat.