[DailyReading] The hidden ornament

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Sun May 15 00:00:02 MDT 2016

Lesson: A Virtuous Woman
Reading: The hidden ornament  2016-05-15
Reference: 1 Pet. 3:1-7
I Peter 3:1: Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;
I Peter 3:2: While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.
I Peter 3:3: Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
I Peter 3:4: But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
I Peter 3:5: For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:
I Peter 3:6: Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.
I Peter 3:7: Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.