[DailyReading] Hidden sin causes a guilty conscience

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Fri Jul 15 00:00:01 MDT 2016

Lesson: For Conscience Sake
Reading: Hidden sin causes a guilty conscience  2016-07-15
Reference: Gen. 42:19-22
Genesis 42:19: If ye be true men, let one of your brethren be bound in the house of your prison: go ye, carry corn for the famine of your houses:
Genesis 42:20: But bring your youngest brother unto me; so shall your words be verified, and ye shall not die. And they did so.
Genesis 42:21: And they said one to another, We are verily guilty concerning our brother, in that we saw the anguish of his soul, when he besought us, and we would not hear; therefore is this distress come upon us.
Genesis 42:22: And Reuben answered them, saying, Spake I not unto you, saying, Do not sin against the child; and ye would not hear? therefore, behold, also his blood is required.