[DailyReading] Honor me before the people

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Mon Jan 25 00:00:01 MST 2016

Lesson: A True Follower
Reading: Honor me before the people  2016-01-25
Reference: 1 Sam. 15:26-35
I Samuel 15:26: And Samuel said unto Saul, I will not return with thee: for thou hast rejected the word of the Lord, and the Lord hath rejected thee from being king over Israel.
I Samuel 15:27: And as Samuel turned about to go away, he laid hold upon the skirt of his mantle, and it rent.
I Samuel 15:28: And Samuel said unto him, The Lord hath rent the kingdom of Israel from thee this day, and hath given it to a neighbour of thine, that is better than thou.
I Samuel 15:29: And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent.
I Samuel 15:30: Then he said, I have sinned: yet honour me now, I pray thee, before the elders of my people, and before Israel, and turn again with me, that I may worship the Lord thy God.
I Samuel 15:31: So Samuel turned again after Saul; and Saul worshipped the Lord.
I Samuel 15:32: Then said Samuel, Bring ye hither to me Agag the king of the Amalekites. And Agag came unto him delicately. And Agag said, Surely the bitterness of death is past.
I Samuel 15:33: And Samuel said, As thy sword hath made women childless, so shall thy mother be childless among women. And Samuel hewed Agag in pieces before the Lord in Gilgal.
I Samuel 15:34: Then Samuel went to Ramah; and Saul went up to his house to Gibeah of Saul.
I Samuel 15:35: And Samuel came no more to see Saul until the day of his death: nevertheless Samuel mourned for Saul: and the Lord repented that he had made Saul king over Israel.