[DailyReading] Confession and sorrow for sin

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Sat Apr 2 00:00:01 MDT 2016

Lesson: Prayer of Repentance
Reading: Confession and sorrow for sin  2016-04-02
Reference:  Ezra 10:1-6
Ezra 10:1: Now when Ezra had prayed, and when he had confessed, weeping and casting himself down before the house of God, there assembled unto him out of Israel a very great congregation of men and women and children: for the people wept very sore.
Ezra 10:2: And Shechaniah the son of Jehiel, one of the sons of Elam, answered and said unto Ezra, We have trespassed against our God, and have taken strange wives of the people of the land: yet now there is hope in Israel concerning this thing.
Ezra 10:3: Now therefore let us make a covenant with our God to put away all the wives, and such as are born of them, according to the counsel of my lord, and of those that tremble at the commandment of our God; and let it be done according to the law.
Ezra 10:4: Arise; for this matter belongeth unto thee: we also will be with thee: be of good courage, and do it.
Ezra 10:5: Then arose Ezra, and made the chief priests, the Levites, and all Israel, to swear that they should do according to this word. And they sware.
Ezra 10:6: Then Ezra rose up from before the house of God, and went into the chamber of Johanan the son of Eliashib: and when he came thither, he did eat no bread, nor drink water: for he mourned because of the transgression of them that had been carried away.