[DailyReading] Rejected by the Pharisees

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Sun Oct 11 00:00:02 MDT 2015

Lesson: Rejecting God
Reading: Rejected by the Pharisees  2015-10-11
Reference:  Luke 7:24-30
Luke 7:24: And when the messengers of John were departed, he began to speak unto the people concerning John, What went ye out into the wilderness for to see? A reed shaken with the wind?
Luke 7:25: But what went ye out for to see? A man clothed in soft raiment? Behold, they which are gorgeously apparelled, and live delicately, are in kingsĀ’ courts.
Luke 7:26: But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? Yea, I say unto you, and much more than a prophet.
Luke 7:27: This is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
Luke 7:28: For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist: but he that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.
Luke 7:29: And all the people that heard him, and the publicans, justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John.
Luke 7:30: But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him.