[DailyReading] The example of the prophets

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Sun May 24 00:00:02 MDT 2015

Lesson: Allowed Affliction Is for Our Benefit
Reading: The example of the prophets  2015-05-24
Reference: James 5:10-16
James 5:10: Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience.
James 5:11: Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.
James 5:12: But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation.
James 5:13: Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.
James 5:14: Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
James 5:15: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
James 5:16: Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.