[DailyReading] The Spirit promised to Jacob

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Tue Jun 9 00:00:02 MDT 2015

Lesson: Promised Power Outpoured
Reading: The Spirit promised to Jacob  2015-06-09
Reference: Isa. 44:1-8
Isaiah 44:1: Yet now hear, O Jacob my servant; and Israel, whom I have chosen:
Isaiah 44:2: Thus saith the Lord that made thee, and formed thee from the womb, which will help thee; Fear not, O Jacob, my servant; and thou, Jesurun, whom I have chosen.
Isaiah 44:3: For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:
Isaiah 44:4: And they shall spring up as among the grass, as willows by the water courses.
Isaiah 44:5: One shall say, I am the Lord’s; and another shall call himself by the name of Jacob; and another shall subscribe with his hand unto the Lord, and surname himself by the name of Israel.
Isaiah 44:6: Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
Isaiah 44:7: And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them shew unto them.
Isaiah 44:8: Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.