[DailyReading] Faithfulness brings rewards

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Wed Jan 28 00:00:01 MST 2015

Lesson: The Cost of Discipleship
Reading: Faithfulness brings rewards  2015-01-28
Reference: Matt. 25:14-30
Matthew 25:14: For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.
Matthew 25:15: And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.
Matthew 25:16: Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.
Matthew 25:17: And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.
Matthew 25:18: But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.
Matthew 25:19: After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.
Matthew 25:20: And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
Matthew 25:21: His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
Matthew 25:22: He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.
Matthew 25:23: His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
Matthew 25:24: Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
Matthew 25:25: And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
Matthew 25:26: His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
Matthew 25:27: Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
Matthew 25:28: Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
Matthew 25:29: For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
Matthew 25:30: And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.