[DailyReading] He hath visited His people

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Fri Dec 18 00:00:01 MST 2015

Lesson: Our Emmanuel
Reading: He hath visited His people  2015-12-18
Reference: Luke 1:57-80
Luke 1:57: Now Elisabeth’s full time came that she should be delivered; and she brought forth a son.
Luke 1:58: And her neighbours and her cousins heard how the Lord had shewed great mercy upon her; and they rejoiced with her.
Luke 1:59: And it came to pass, that on the eighth day they came to circumcise the child; and they called him Zacharias, after the name of his father.
Luke 1:60: And his mother answered and said, Not so; but he shall be called John.
Luke 1:61: And they said unto her, There is none of thy kindred that is called by this name.
Luke 1:62: And they made signs to his father, how he would have him called.
Luke 1:63: And he asked for a writing table, and wrote, saying, His name is John. And they marvelled all.
Luke 1:64: And his mouth was opened immediately, and his tongue loosed, and he spake, and praised God.
Luke 1:65: And fear came on all that dwelt round about them: and all these sayings were noised abroad throughout all the hill country of Judæa.
Luke 1:66: And all they that heard them laid them up in their hearts, saying, What manner of child shall this be! And the hand of the Lord was with him.
Luke 1:67: And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,
Luke 1:68: Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,
Luke 1:69: And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;
Luke 1:70: As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:
Luke 1:71: That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;
Luke 1:72: To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;
Luke 1:73: The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,
Luke 1:74: That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,
Luke 1:75: In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.
Luke 1:76: And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;
Luke 1:77: To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,
Luke 1:78: Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us,
Luke 1:79: To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.
Luke 1:80: And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his shewing unto Israel.