[DailyReading] Humility, the way of blessing

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Tue Aug 11 00:00:02 MDT 2015

Lesson: The World Turned Upside Down
Reading: Humility, the way of blessing  2015-08-11
Reference: 1 Kings 3:7-14
I Kings 3:7: And now, O Lord my God, thou hast made thy servant king instead of David my father: and I am but a little child: I know not how to go out or come in.
I Kings 3:8: And thy servant is in the midst of thy people which thou hast chosen, a great people, that cannot be numbered nor counted for multitude.
I Kings 3:9: Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people?
I Kings 3:10: And the speech pleased the Lord, that Solomon had asked this thing.
I Kings 3:11: And God said unto him, Because thou hast asked this thing, and hast not asked for thyself long life; neither hast asked riches for thyself, nor hast asked the life of thine enemies; but hast asked for thyself understanding to discern judgment;
I Kings 3:12: Behold, I have done according to thy words: lo, I have given thee a wise and an understanding heart; so that there was none like thee before thee, neither after thee shall any arise like unto thee.
I Kings 3:13: And I have also given thee that which thou hast not asked, both riches, and honour: so that there shall not be any among the kings like unto thee all thy days.
I Kings 3:14: And if thou wilt walk in my ways, to keep my statutes and my commandments, as thy father David did walk, then I will lengthen thy days.