[DailyReading] Trust God in adversity

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Thu Aug 6 00:00:02 MDT 2015

Lesson: Prospering in Prison
Reading: Trust God in adversity  2015-08-06
Reference: Ps. 35:15-28
Psalms 35:15: But in mine adversity they rejoiced, and gathered themselves together: yea, the abjects gathered themselves together against me, and I knew it not; they did tear me, and ceased not:
Psalms 35:16: With hypocritical mockers in feasts, they gnashed upon me with their teeth.
Psalms 35:17: Lord, how long wilt thou look on? rescue my soul from their destructions, my darling from the lions.
Psalms 35:18: I will give thee thanks in the great congregation: I will praise thee among much people.
Psalms 35:19: Let not them that are mine enemies wrongfully rejoice over me: neither let them wink with the eye that hate me without a cause.
Psalms 35:20: For they speak not peace: but they devise deceitful matters against them that are quiet in the land.
Psalms 35:21: Yea, they opened their mouth wide against me, and said, Aha, aha, our eye hath seen it.
Psalms 35:22: This thou hast seen, O Lord: keep not silence: O Lord, be not far from me.
Psalms 35:23: Stir up thyself, and awake to my judgment, even unto my cause, my God and my Lord.
Psalms 35:24: Judge me, O Lord my God, according to thy righteousness; and let them not rejoice over me.
Psalms 35:25: Let them not say in their hearts, Ah, so would we have it: let them not say, We have swallowed him up.
Psalms 35:26: Let them be ashamed and brought to confusion together that rejoice at mine hurt: let them be clothed with shame and dishonour that magnify themselves against me.
Psalms 35:27: Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favour my righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, Let the Lord be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.
Psalms 35:28: And my tongue shall speak of thy righteousness and of thy praise all the day long.