[DailyReading] How to receive the crown of life

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Tue Sep 30 00:00:01 MDT 2014

Lesson: Choices Bring Consequences
Reading: How to receive the crown of life  2014-09-30
Reference: James 1:9-16
James 1:9: Let the brother of low degree rejoice in that he is exalted:
James 1:10: But the rich, in that he is made low: because as the flower of the grass he shall pass away.
James 1:11: For the sun is no sooner risen with a burning heat, but it withereth the grass, and the flower thereof falleth, and the grace of the fashion of it perisheth: so also shall the rich man fade away in his ways.
James 1:12: Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
James 1:13: Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
James 1:14: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
James 1:15: Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
James 1:16: Do not err, my beloved brethren.