[DailyReading] Servants of righteousness

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Sat Oct 11 00:00:01 MDT 2014

Lesson: God Provides a Lamb
Reading: Servants of righteousness  2014-10-11
Reference:  Rom. 6:14-23
Romans 6:14: For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:15: What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Romans 6:16: Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
Romans 6:17: But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
Romans 6:18: Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
Romans 6:19: I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
Romans 6:20: For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
Romans 6:21: What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
Romans 6:22: But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
Romans 6:23: For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.