[DailyReading] Cooperation strengthens the kingdom

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Wed Mar 26 00:00:01 MDT 2014

Lesson: The Faith Handed Down
Reading: Cooperation strengthens the kingdom  2014-03-26
Reference:  Neh. 4:16-23
Nehemiah 4:16: And it came to pass from that time forth, that the half of my servants wrought in the work, and the other half of them held both the spears, the shields, and the bows, and the habergeons; and the rulers were behind all the house of Judah.
Nehemiah 4:17: They which builded on the wall, and they that bare burdens, with those that laded, every one with one of his hands wrought in the work, and with the other hand held a weapon.
Nehemiah 4:18: For the builders, every one had his sword girded by his side, and so builded. And he that sounded the trumpet was by me.
Nehemiah 4:19: And I said unto the nobles, and to the rulers, and to the rest of the people, The work is great and large, and we are separated upon the wall, one far from another.
Nehemiah 4:20: In what place therefore ye hear the sound of the trumpet, resort ye thither unto us: our God shall fight for us.
Nehemiah 4:21: So we laboured in the work: and half of them held the spears from the rising of the morning till the stars appeared.
Nehemiah 4:22: Likewise at the same time said I unto the people, Let every one with his servant lodge within Jerusalem, that in the night they may be a guard to us, and labour on the day.
Nehemiah 4:23: So neither I, nor my brethren, nor my servants, nor the men of the guard which followed me, none of us put off our clothes, saving that every one put them off for washing.