[DailyReading] Water for a child

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Sun Jan 5 00:00:01 MST 2014

Lesson: Living Water
Reading: Water for a child  2014-01-05
Reference:  Gen. 21:14-20
Genesis 21:14: And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and took bread, and a bottle of water, and gave it unto Hagar, putting it on her shoulder, and the child, and sent her away: and she departed, and wandered in the wilderness of Beer–sheba.
Genesis 21:15: And the water was spent in the bottle, and she cast the child under one of the shrubs.
Genesis 21:16: And she went, and sat her down over against him a good way off, as it were a bowshot: for she said, Let me not see the death of the child. And she sat over against him, and lift up her voice, and wept.
Genesis 21:17: And God heard the voice of the lad; and the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said unto her, What aileth thee, Hagar? fear not; for God hath heard the voice of the lad where he is.
Genesis 21:18: Arise, lift up the lad, and hold him in thine hand; for I will make him a great nation.
Genesis 21:19: And God opened her eyes, and she saw a well of water; and she went, and filled the bottle with water, and gave the lad drink.
Genesis 21:20: And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer.