[DailyReading] A way of escape

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Fri Feb 14 00:00:02 MST 2014

Lesson: Secure in Christ
Reading: A way of escape  2014-02-14
Reference:  1 Cor. 10:1-13
I Corinthians 10:1: Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
I Corinthians 10:2: And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
I Corinthians 10:3: And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
I Corinthians 10:4: And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
I Corinthians 10:5: But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
I Corinthians 10:6: Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
I Corinthians 10:7: Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
I Corinthians 10:8: Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.
I Corinthians 10:9: Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.
I Corinthians 10:10: Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.
I Corinthians 10:11: Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
I Corinthians 10:12: Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
I Corinthians 10:13: There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.