[DailyReading] Jesus is condemned to death

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Fri Apr 18 00:00:03 MDT 2014

Lesson: The Resurrection Morning
Reading: Jesus is condemned to death  2014-04-18
Reference:  Luke 23:13-25
Luke 23:13: And Pilate, when he had called together the chief priests and the rulers and the people,
Luke 23:14: Said unto them, Ye have brought this man unto me, as one that perverteth the people: and, behold, I, having examined him before you, have found no fault in this man touching those things whereof ye accuse him:
Luke 23:15: No, nor yet Herod: for I sent you to him; and, lo, nothing worthy of death is done unto him.
Luke 23:16: I will therefore chastise him, and release him.
Luke 23:17: ( For of necessity he must release one unto them at the feast.)
Luke 23:18: And they cried out all at once, saying, Away with this man, and release unto us Barabbas:
Luke 23:19: ( Who for a certain sedition made in the city, and for murder, was cast into prison.)
Luke 23:20: Pilate therefore, willing to release Jesus, spake again to them.
Luke 23:21: But they cried, saying, Crucify him, crucify him.
Luke 23:22: And he said unto them the third time, Why, what evil hath he done? I have found no cause of death in him: I will therefore chastise him, and let him go.
Luke 23:23: And they were instant with loud voices, requiring that he might be crucified. And the voices of them and of the chief priests prevailed.
Luke 23:24: And Pilate gave sentence that it should be as they required.
Luke 23:25: And he released unto them him that for sedition and murder was cast into prison, whom they had desired; but he delivered Jesus to their will.