Jesus anointed in Simon’s house

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Tue Apr 15 00:00:03 MDT 2014

Lesson: The Resurrection Morning
Reading: Jesus anointed in Simon’s house  2014-04-15
Reference:  Matt. 26:6-13
Matthew 26:6: Now when Jesus was in Bethany, in the house of Simon the leper,
Matthew 26:7: There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat.
Matthew 26:8: But when his disciples saw it, they had indignation, saying, To what purpose is this waste?
Matthew 26:9: For this ointment might have been sold for much, and given to the poor.
Matthew 26:10: When Jesus understood it, he said unto them, Why trouble ye the woman? for she hath wrought a good work upon me.
Matthew 26:11: For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always.
Matthew 26:12: For in that she hath poured this ointment on my body, she did it for my burial.
Matthew 26:13: Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached in the whole world, there shall also this, that this woman hath done, be told for a memorial of her.