[DailyReading] The boldness of Peter and John

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Thu Nov 21 00:00:02 MST 2013

Lesson: Zeal for the Kingdom
Reading: The boldness of Peter and John  2013-11-21
Reference:  Acts 4:13-21
Acts 4:13: Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.
Acts 4:14: And beholding the man which was healed standing with them, they could say nothing against it.
Acts 4:15: But when they had commanded them to go aside out of the council, they conferred among themselves,
Acts 4:16: Saying, What shall we do to these men? for that indeed a notable miracle hath been done by them is manifest to all them that dwell in Jerusalem; and we can not deny it.
Acts 4:17: But that it spread no further among the people, let us straitly threaten them, that they speak henceforth to no man in this name.
Acts 4:18: And they called them, and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus.
Acts 4:19: But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.
Acts 4:20: For we can not but speak the things which we have seen and heard.
Acts 4:21: So when they had further threatened them, they let them go, finding nothing how they might punish them, because of the people: for all men glorified God for that which was done.