[DailyReading] True and false shepherds

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Fri May 10 00:00:05 MDT 2013

Lesson: Secure with the Shepherd
Reading: True and false shepherds  2013-05-10
Reference: John 10:1-15
John 10:1: Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
John 10:2: But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
John 10:3: To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
John 10:4: And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
John 10:5: And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
John 10:6: This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.
John 10:7: Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
John 10:8: All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
John 10:9: I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
John 10:10: The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
John 10:11: I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
John 10:12: But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
John 10:13: The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
John 10:14: I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
John 10:15: As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.