[DailyReading] Inspiration sought while in disobedience

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Wed Mar 13 00:00:05 MDT 2013

Lesson: Divine Inspiration
Reading: Inspiration sought while in disobedience  2013-03-13
Reference: Ezek. 14:1-8
Ezekiel 14:1: Then came certain of the elders of Israel unto me, and sat before me.
Ezekiel 14:2: And the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
Ezekiel 14:3: Son of man, these men have set up their idols in their heart, and put the stumblingblock of their iniquity before their face: should I be enquired of at all by them?
Ezekiel 14:4: Therefore speak unto them, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Every man of the house of Israel that setteth up his idols in his heart, and putteth the stumblingblock of his iniquity before his face, and cometh to the prophet; I the Lord will answer him that cometh according to the multitude of his idols;
Ezekiel 14:5: That I may take the house of Israel in their own heart, because they are all estranged from me through their idols.
Ezekiel 14:6: Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord God; Repent, and turn yourselves from your idols; and turn away your faces from all your abominations.
Ezekiel 14:7: For every one of the house of Israel, or of the stranger that sojourneth in Israel, which separateth himself from me, and setteth up his idols in his heart, and putteth the stumblingblock of his iniquity before his face, and cometh to a prophet to enquire of him concerning me; I the Lord will answer him by myself:
Ezekiel 14:8: And I will set my face against that man, and will make him a sign and a proverb, and I will cut him off from the midst of my people; and ye shall know that I am the Lord.