[DailyReading] Helping the man of God

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Tue Jun 11 00:00:11 MDT 2013

Lesson: Our Duty to the Weak
Reading: Helping the man of God   2013-06-11
Reference: 2 Kings 4:8-13
II Kings 4:8: And it fell on a day, that Elisha passed to Shunem, where was a great woman; and she constrained him to eat bread. And so it was, that as oft as he passed by, he turned in thither to eat bread.
II Kings 4:9: And she said unto her husband, Behold now, I perceive that this is an holy man of God, which passeth by us continually.
II Kings 4:10: Let us make a little chamber, I pray thee, on the wall; and let us set for him there a bed, and a table, and a stool, and a candlestick: and it shall be, when he cometh to us, that he shall turn in thither.
II Kings 4:11: And it fell on a day, that he came thither, and he turned into the chamber, and lay there.
II Kings 4:12: And he said to Gehazi his servant, Call this Shunammite. And when he had called her, she stood before him.
II Kings 4:13: And he said unto him, Say now unto her, Behold, thou hast been careful for us with all this care; what is to be done for thee? wouldest thou be spoken for to the king, or to the captain of the host? And she answered, I dwell among mine own people.