[DailyReading] Perfect peace

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Tue Jun 4 00:00:07 MDT 2013

Lesson: Christ Makes Us Sons
Reading: Perfect peace  2013-06-04
Reference: Isa. 26:1-12
Isaiah 26:1: In that day shall this song be sung in the land of Judah; We have a strong city; salvation will God appoint for walls and bulwarks.
Isaiah 26:2: Open ye the gates, that the righteous nation which keepeth the truth may enter in.
Isaiah 26:3: Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
Isaiah 26:4: Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength:
Isaiah 26:5: For he bringeth down them that dwell on high; the lofty city, he layeth it low; he layeth it low, even to the ground; he bringeth it even to the dust.
Isaiah 26:6: The foot shall tread it down, even the feet of the poor, and the steps of the needy.
Isaiah 26:7: The way of the just is uprightness: thou, most upright, dost weigh the path of the just.
Isaiah 26:8: Yea, in the way of thy judgments, O Lord, have we waited for thee; the desire of our soul is to thy name, and to the remembrance of thee.
Isaiah 26:9: With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.
Isaiah 26:10: Let favour be shewed to the wicked, yet will he not learn righteousness: in the land of uprightness will he deal unjustly, and will not behold the majesty of the Lord.
Isaiah 26:11: Lord, when thy hand is lifted up, they will not see: but they shall see, and be ashamed for their envy at the people; yea, the fire of thine enemies shall devour them.
Isaiah 26:12: Lord, thou wilt ordain peace for us: for thou also hast wrought all our works in us.