[DailyReading] Fire from heaven

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Wed Feb 20 00:00:05 MST 2013

Lesson: Burning Hearts
Reading: Fire from heaven  2013-02-20
Reference: Acts 2:1-13

Acts 2:1: And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
Acts 2:2: And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
Acts 2:3: And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Acts 2:4: And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
Acts 2:5: And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
Acts 2:6: Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
Acts 2:7: And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilæans?
Acts 2:8: And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?
Acts 2:9: Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judæa, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,
Acts 2:10: Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,
Acts 2:11: Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.
Acts 2:12: And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?
Acts 2:13: Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.