[DailyReading] The promise to David

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Wed Dec 18 00:00:01 MST 2013

Lesson: Christmas Peace
Reading: The promise to David  2013-12-18
Reference:  2 Sam. 7:18-29
II Samuel 7:18: Then went king David in, and sat before the Lord, and he said, Who am I, O Lord God? and what is my house, that thou hast brought me hitherto?
II Samuel 7:19: And this was yet a small thing in thy sight, O Lord God; but thou hast spoken also of thy servant's house for a great while to come. And is this the manner of man, O Lord God?
II Samuel 7:20: And what can David say more unto thee? for thou, Lord God, knowest thy servant.
II Samuel 7:21: For thy word's sake, and according to thine own heart, hast thou done all these great things, to make thy servant know them.
II Samuel 7:22: Wherefore thou art great, O Lord God: for there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.
II Samuel 7:23: And what one nation in the earth is like thy people, even like Israel, whom God went to redeem for a people to himself, and to make him a name, and to do for you great things and terrible, for thy land, before thy people, which thou redeemedst to thee from Egypt, from the nations and their gods?
II Samuel 7:24: For thou hast confirmed to thyself thy people Israel to be a people unto thee for ever: and thou, Lord, art become their God.
II Samuel 7:25: And now, O Lord God, the word that thou hast spoken concerning thy servant, and concerning his house, establish it for ever, and do as thou hast said.
II Samuel 7:26: And let thy name be magnified for ever, saying, The Lord of hosts is the God over Israel: and let the house of thy servant David be established before thee.
II Samuel 7:27: For thou, O Lord of hosts, God of Israel, hast revealed to thy servant, saying, I will build thee an house: therefore hath thy servant found in his heart to pray this prayer unto thee.
II Samuel 7:28: And now, O Lord God, thou art that God, and thy words be true, and thou hast promised this goodness unto thy servant:
II Samuel 7:29: Therefore now let it please thee to bless the house of thy servant, that it may continue for ever before thee: for thou, O Lord God, hast spoken it: and with thy blessing let the house of thy servant be blessed for ever.