[DailyReading] Humility is a key

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Sun Dec 15 00:00:01 MST 2013

Lesson: Spiritual Birth
Reading: Humility is a key   2013-12-15
Reference:  1 Pet. 5:5-11
I Peter 5:5: Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
I Peter 5:6: Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
I Peter 5:7: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
I Peter 5:8: Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
I Peter 5:9: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
I Peter 5:10: But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
I Peter 5:11: To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.